EOI Nurse Manager, Clinical Practice & Innovation
This Expression of Interest (EOI) is open to qualified Registered Nurses/Midwives to relieve in the position of Nurse Manager, Clinical Practice & Innovation, Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD).
The Nurse Manager, Clinical Practice & Innovation provides leadership and direction to ensure excellence in clinical care and the provision of safe, high quality, evidence based and person centred care to the patients and community of WSLHD.
This position facilitates the development of the WSLHD Nursing & Midwifery service to enable a culture that values safety, quality and improvement, support activities that recognise and acknowledge areas of excellence and identify opportunity for improvement of change in clinical practice.
• Demonstrated management and leadership experience in the public sector, including appropriate post graduate qualifications, and/or work experience deemed appropriate by the employer.
• Demonstrated clinical nursing or midwifery experience, with reasonable knowledge of nursing and midwifery clinical practice, and experience in policy/procedure/guideline development.
• Demonstrated high level leadership within the workplace, including the ability to form productive working relationships through effective communication, negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated high level project and change management skills and the ability to use diagnostic tools and interventions, including information technology platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams.
• Excellent time management skills, with an ability to work under pressure and deliver on strict timelines.
• Ability to travel between various WSLHD sites and other sites as required to represent the organisation.
1 October 2020 Staff who believe they demonstrate the above skills and selection criteria are encouraged to submit an expression of interest in writing to
Caroline Farmer, Director, Nursing and Midwifery and Clinical Governance on 0400 951 282 or via email: Caroline.Farmer@health.nsw.gov.au.
The WSLHD Youth Council is recruiting!
The WSLHD Youth Council is recruiting for new members!
We are seeking young people aged between 16-25 years old who live, work, study or have used health services in western Sydney.
As a member you will:
- Provide feedback on youth related projects and services
- Access opportunities and training
- Get involved in shaping health promotion activities and improving health navigation for young people in western Sydney
If you are interested in joining please complete a survey via this link.
Applications are open until Friday 2 October.
Contact for more information:
0437 425 249
Submitted by Molly Sinclair